UIM Claims for Your Personal Property

Underinsured motorist coverage is available as part of your auto insurance policy, and should be purchased for property damage. Check with your agent to make sure you have it. It is reasonably priced so, if you do not have it, we would suggest that you add it. The potential payoff is well worth the price.
Your own insurance company may try to assess a fault percentage if you are using the UIM portion of your policy and you cannot show the uninsured driver was completely the cause of the accident.