Property Damage Settlement Check To Be Limited in Scope, Not a General Release

When the property damage portion of your claim is closed, you will receive a check and a release. Be sure that the release is limited to property damage only. It should have words such as "property damage" on it, and it should not have "general release" on it. If it does, ask the adjuster to confirm in writing that it is a settlement check for property damage only.